On-Demand Water Heaters for Wichita
On-demand water heaters, which are also called instant water heaters or flash water heaters, are already extremely popular in countries in Europe and in Japan, and they're rapidly becoming more popular in the US. They offer several advantages over traditional water heaters, and our professionals would confidently recommend them to any homeowner in the Wichita area. These types of water heaters are much more efficient than traditional water heaters, and they can help you conserve resources and energy.
The professional heating contractors at Ball Heating & Air Conditioning can install on-demand water heaters throughout your home promptly and professionally.
Conserve Energy with On-Demand Water Heaters
One of the biggest problems that traditional water heaters have is that they keep a tank of water full constantly and have to maintain its heat at all times. The water needs to be kept at high temperatures so it's ready for you when you need it, but maintaining that temperature requires a lot of energy—most of which is wasted.
On-demand water heaters can eradicate this problem of wasted energy, which can help you significantly lower the amount of energy you use in your Wichita home. These water heaters heat water only when it is needed by using coils that are located near all of your faucets. By heating up the amount of water you need right when you need it, these water heaters use much less energy and can also help you conserve water.
On-demand water heaters function by heating up a small set of coils to extreme temperatures. As water passes through these coils, it's heated. So on-demand water heaters will provide you with instant hot water, and use much less energy to get it to you.
Should You make the Switch?
When you're deciding whether or not an on-demand water heater is right for your Wichita home, you'll need to look at several different factors. Here are some of the benefits and the drawbacks of on-demand systems:
- Tankless water heaters will likely earn you a $300 federal refund.
- They are much more efficient than traditional water heaters.
- They take up much less space than tanks. On-demand water heaters can be installed on walls, or even outdoors.
- On-demand water heaters can save you as much as 20% on your water heating bills.
- Gas units require annual servicing annually, which gives you an extra expense. They may also emit greenhouse gases.
- On-demand water heaters can cost up to three times as much as traditional water heaters, though you'll recuperate your initial investments with energy savings.
- Venting gas and propane units sometimes requires expensive stainless steel tubing.
Our professionals can help you decide whether on-demand water heaters are right for your home, and we can handle the installation as well.